The classes will take place in Montecatini Val di Cecina Gabbertino in a beautiful house situated amongst the Tuscan hills close to the ancient town of Volterra. Beautiful medieval churches, an ancient roman theatre, the walls of the Etruscans and some of the most spectacular views of Tuscany can all be found in this region. A driver will pick you up from Cecina station and take you to the medieval house where the cooking class will be held. The classes offer a unique and intimate experience, as you will be cooking in a class size of no more than ten people. Using local produce, we will recreate authentic Tuscan dishes such as Pici all’aglione, Chianina e Maremmana and a vegetarian option of Ribollita. After the main course, you will learn how to make a Tuscan dessert which origin dates back to the Renaissance period. The chef will explain the importance of using fresh ingredients from the region including the homemade Bioli oil.
After you eat, you will attend a wine tasting. Tuscany is famous for the production of exquisite wines such as Chianti and Brunello di Montalcino. The wine tasting will be followed by a photoshoot at the top of Volterra, where you can watch the sunset and capture the memories of the day with family or friends. The tour includes an overnight stay in an apartment and a transfer to the station the next morning. Once you arrive back at the station, we recommend you explore some of Tuscany’s cities such as Florence, Pisa, Luca, Siena, Carrara San Giminiano and Montecatini terme . On this unique tour you will have the most important and unforgettable experience of your life and you will learn a lot about Italian food.
· Three courses of authentic Italian cuisine followed by locally produced limoncello
· Half a litre of homemade olive oil produced by Bioli to take with you
· Local wines to accompany the meal
· A photoshoot with the view of the city of Volterra
· Transportation to and from Cecina station
· Accommodation for one night in a beautiful apartment overlooking the Tuscan countryside
What's not included:
· Transportation from Rome to Tuscany
· Bookings require a minimum of four people (with a limit of ten)
· The team will consist of;
- A certified chef
- A driver
- A photographer and guide that will share some of the history about the city of Volterra
*Upon booking, please inform us of any dietary requirements or allergies. It is also recommended that you wear comfortable footwear.
Meeting point in Via Germanico 16, 00192 Rome.